Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 4, 2014

How would you feel if you lost everything?

I had a fire 9 days ago. My achieve is 175 films, my 16 millimeter negative, all my books, my dad's book, my photographs. I had collected, I was a collector, major, big-time. It's gone. I just looked at it, and I didn't know what to do. I mean, this was - was I my things? 
I always live in the present, I love the present. I cherish the future. And I was taught some strange things as a kid, like: You have got to make something good out of something bad. You have got to make something good out of something bad. This was bad! Man. I was. I cough. I was sick. 
That is my camera lens. The first one, the one I shot my Bob Dyllan film with 35 years ago. 
That is my feature film "King Murray" won Cannes Film Festival in 1970, the only print I had. 
That is my papers. 
That was in minutes - 20 minutes. Epiphany hit me. Something hit me: "You have got to make something good out of something bad". I started to say to my friends, neighbours, my sisters. 
By the way, that is "Sputnik". I ran it last year. Sputnik was downtown, the negative, It wasn't touched. These are some pieces of things I used in my Sputnik feature film which opens in New York in two weeks downtown. 
I called my sister, I called my neigbours, I said "come dig". 
That is me at my desk. That was a deck took 40 some years to buid. You know, all the stuff. 
That is my daughter, Jean. She came. She is a nurse in San Francisco. 
"Dig it up" I said "Pieces, I want pieces, bits and pieces" I came up with this idea "a life of bits and pieces, which I'm just starting to work on, my next project. 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét