Thứ Tư, 28 tháng 5, 2014

How to Make Stress Your Friend? - Kelly McGonigal (P3)



And this is one of the reasons that ... stress ... . It's not really healthy to be in this state all the time. But in this study, when participants view the stress response as helpful, the blood vessels stay relax like this. Their heart also pouding, but this is the much healthier ... . It actually look a lot like what happens in moment of joys and courages. Over a lifetime of stress for experiences, this one biological change could be the different between a stress-induced heart attack in age fifty and living well into your ninetys. And this is the really what the new science of stress reviews, but how you think about stress matters. So my goal as a health psychology had changed. I no longer want to get rid of you stress. I want to make you better at stress. And we just little intervention. If you raised your hand and said you had a lot stress in the last year. We could save your life, because hopefully the next time your heart is pounding from stress, you are going to remember this talk and you're gonna think to yourself. This is my body is helping me rise to this challenge. And when you view stress in that way your body believes you, and your stress response becomes healthier. Now, I said, I had over a decade of demonizing stress to redeem myself from, so we're gonna do one more intervention. I want to tell you about one of the most under-appreciated aspect of the stress response, and the idea is this: stress makes you social. To understand the side of stress, we need to talk about a hormone, oxytocin, and I know oxytocin had already gotten as much ... as a hormone can get.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét