Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 3, 2014

What do you usually/normally do?

"What do you usually/normally do?" type questions.
- What do you do on an average day?
- What is your normal daily routine?
- Can you describe your typical day? 
- What do you usually do on weekends?

VOCABULARY:
- routine (n) 
- schedule (n)
- review
- meet up with somebody
- corridor (n): hành lang
- gossip (v): ngồi lê đôi mách
- regular (adj)
- sharp (adv): đúng
- overtime (adv/n)
- hang out with somebody

ADVERBS OF FREQUENCE
1. Adverbs that go after the subject and before the verb:
- always: "I always go out partying every night when I'm on holiday"

- often: "She often goes running after class"

- never: "She never rides her bike in winter"

- almost never: "We almost never go out dancing"

- rarely: "He rarely eats rice"

- hardly ever: "She hardly ever exercises"

2. Adverbs that can go before of after the subject:
- usually: "Usually I wake up around 8 a.m"
              "I usually ride my bike to school"

- normally: "Nomarlly I help my mum with the cooking"
                "I normally help my mun with the cooking" 

- sometimes: "We sometimes go shopping"
                   "Sometimes we go shopping"

TIMES OF DAY
The present simple is often used together with times of day, so make sure you are aware of the following:
1. at + hour + o'clock
I get up at 6 o'clock

2. at + hour + a.m/in the morning
I usually wake up at 8 a.m
I usually wake up at 8 in the morning

3. at + hour + p.m/in the afternoon/in the evening
My father often comes home at 9 p.m
My father often comes home at 9 in the evening

4. at + dawn (bình minh)/noon (trưa)/midnight (nửa đêm)
I never get up at dawn

5. at/on the weekend
I normally just relax at the weekend
I normally just relax on the weekend

SEQUENCE MARKERS
To talk about your usual or normal routine, you should use sequence markers. These help you logically link the different activities that you do together and also make things much clearer for the listener.
Remind yourself of the following sequence markers:
- before
- then 
- after (activity)
- after that

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét